This year for the first time, we have partnered with the Digital Repository of Ireland (DRI), to provide a follow-up from our archiving workshop. This additional session, ‘Digital Preservation of Cultural Heritage Material with the DRI’ will be held online on 9th November 2.00pm – 3.15pm (Irish Time).
This workshop is specifically focused on archiving your oral history material in this repository. The DRI is a trustworthy digital repository that provides online access to digital resources as well as education in digital preservation. By participating in this workshop OHNI members will become more familiar with what is involved in navigating and depositing in the DRI. The workshop covers the following:
- About DRI – who we are and what we do.
- DRI and community archives – how DRI supports community archives from networking & training opportunities to the Community Archive Scheme
- A walk through some of the collections in DRI
- How to appraise your collections for depositing in an online repository (including DRI specific)
- Advice on formats and rights statements
The DRI Digital Archivist Kevin Long and Training and Engagement Manager Lorraine Marrey will be on hand to take questions at the end of the workshop.
€10 for members / €15 for non-members
You can register here for this workshop.